The Emu-FDC integrates a floppy dIsk controller and a disk emulator into a single cartridge. The emulator can read floppy disk images from a SD card and mount them so the system can access them as real floppy disks. It also allows to plug real PC floppy drives through a regular floppy ribbon cable. No modifications to the drives needed.
It can be used in three different configurations:
- Emulated drive (A:) only, working with images from the SD
- Emulated drive (A:) and external drive (B:)
- Emulated drive disabled. Two external drives (A: and B:)
The Emu-FDC is compatible with MSXDOS (MSXDOS requires at least 64k ram to run) and contains Disk BASIC v1.1 in ROM. It works in MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/Turbo-R machines.
- Disk emulator running FlashFloppy firmware
- 1x MicroSD slot
- x1 34 pin floppy connector, supports 1 or 2 external floppy drives
- Internal 0.91" 128x32 OLED display
- DD/DS support (360k or 720k per disk)
- Runs Disk Basic 1.1. MSXDOS compatible.
- MSX1, MSX2, MSX2+ and TurboR compatible
Attention: Requires at least 64k RAM to load MSXDOS. Machines with internal floppy drives might need those drives to be disconnected or disabled for the Emu-FDC to be seen as drive "A:"
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
In order to get a replacement or refund defective units must first be returned. Once the item has been inspected we will proceed to replace the unit or refund the payment. Items that have been damaged by careless/unadecuated use or modifyied by the buyer in any way will not be elegible for replace or refund of any kind.