Floppy Disk Interface for ZX Spectrum +2a/b (black case).
3D printed case available only in transparent white.
The SDI-1 turns your +2a/b into a +3. All +3DOS disk commands (LOAD, SAVE, CAT, etc) will work with the external disk drive as if you were using a +3. Moreover, the startup menu will show "+3" on the left corner.
The interface allows the connection of two 3.5" PC drives using a normal PC floppy flat ribbon cable. The SDI-1 work well with Gotek or HxC emulators too. Aditionally, you can connect a 3" floppy disk drive to read original +3 disks.
The interface features two switches to select the side of the disk (one switch for each drive) and a third switch to force the READY signal (in case the floppy drive does not generate this signal by itself).
Its 100% compatible with all existing +3 software as well as with backup/copy interfaces such as the Multiface +3.
Cases are 3D printed and might present imperfections.
- Compatible with ZX Spectrum +2a/b (black casing) only
- Supports up two floppy drives on a single ribbon cable
- Drives accessible directly from +3 BASIC
- 100% compatible with Spectrum +3 disks/software/hardware
- Independant side selector switch for each drive
- Force READY switch
- 173K/side native format. Up to 720k/disk using 3rd party format utility
- Does not support 3.5" high density disks (you need to cover the density hole with adhesive tape)
Attention! Does not include ribbon cable or floppy disk drive.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
In order to get a replacement or refund defective units must first be returned. Once the item has been inspected we will proceed to replace the unit or refund the payment. Items that have been damaged by careless/unadecuated use or modifyied by the buyer in any way will not be elegible for replace or refund of any kind.