SX|2 MSX FPGA
First batch sold out
Future-proof MSX FPGA for the years to come.
We like to think the SX|2 as the next-gen One Chip MSX. It is build around an Altera Cyclone IV with 22k logic cells (almost double than the old Cyclone I found on the OneChipMSX, Zemmix and SX1 boards), effectively opening the door for extending the OCM firmware with new features or even creating new firmwares.
Currenlty the SX|2 runs as a MSX2+ machine and is compatible with the SM-X firmware. The firmware is being actively updated and maintained by KdL and, even though the SX|2 can actually run the stock SM-X binary out of the box, there is a variant specifically made for the SX|2.
On the hardware side the unit is also similar to the SM-X, however there has been some rework on areas like power supply, cartridge bus, cartridge audio output, etc. to achieve more stability and compatibility.
- Altera Cyclone EP4CE22F17 FPGA (22K cells)
- 32MB SDRAM
- 3x expansion slots (2 standard, 1 through IDC connector)
- 1x microSD card slot (FAT-16 support only)
- D-Sub 15 VGA/RGB video output w/ scanline generator
- Internal PSG, SCC+, OPLL (YM2413), OPL (YM3526), OPL2 (YM3812) and OPL3 (YMF262). Last three are firmware dependant.
- 3.5mm jack stereo audio output
- 3.5mm jack tape in/out
- PS2 keyboard port
- PS2 mouse port (emulates MSX mouse on joystick port 1)
- 2x DB9 joystick port (MSX standard)
- Dual power supply connector (DC barrel type and mini USB)
- Optional internal WiFi module (Requires SDBIOS)
- MIDI out (through joystick 2 port)
- 2/4 MB RAM mapper
- Internal 1MB MEGASCC+/MegaRAM
- 2 Turbo CPU modes: 5.37 or 8.06 MHz
- Dual BIOS
- Fully assembled in a 3D printed case
Attention! Power supply and power cable are not included. The unit requires at least 1.5 amps output, high quality power supply and shielded USB power cable. 3D printed cases might show imperfections
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
In order to get a replacement or refund defective units must first be returned. Once the item has been inspected we will proceed to replace the unit or refund the payment. Items that have been damaged by careless/unadecuated use or modifyied by the buyer in any way will not be elegible for replace or refund of any kind.
The unit ships with the lastest stable firmware/core available. Notice that if you accidentally brick the unit by wrongly updating/downgrading the firmware/core, we do not give tech support for the reflashing process. If you want to keep your board under warranty you should send it back to us for review/reflashing.